Wine Tours in France - Champagne
There’s so much to see in Champagne, but where to start? If you’d like to be guided by someone who knows the area inside out, and can take you to visit vineyards and meet producers the tour bus companies don’t know about, we recommend
Jon has 30 years’ experience guiding tours in Champagne and has gained access to some amazing vineyards and producers that are off the beaten track.
If you’re staying in Paris and would like to explore a French wine region, Champagne makes a great choice. Jon can help you organize train travel from Paris to Reims and give advice on hotels, restaurants, etc.
Jon has a variety of different tours available, prices start at around €75 a head.
To contact Jon by email, to get more information or to make a booking, please click here
Jon can also help with tours of Chablis and Northern Burgundy, click here to visit the Chablis Wine Tours page
Touring the land of BUBBLES!
Planning a wine tour in Champagne
When we first considered touring the Champagne region we thought of the big international brand names and of Reims and Epernay - that would be where I would have the best experience and taste the finest champagnes. How wrong we were! To really experience champagne you MUST get out into the Champagne villages.
HOWEVER, you do need considerable guidance, or a lot of time, or a tour guide to get the best out of the experience.
A Visit to a CHAMPAGNE CAVE situated deep underground in chalk rock
This tour in an underground champagne cave takes in
- Learning about how champagne is made
- Inspecting the wine barrel cellars
- Going underground (25m) into the chalk caves
- Seeing degorging and re-sealing of the champagne bottles
- Tasting a range of exceptional champagnes
A ONE DAY LUDES/CHIGNY-les-ROSES/VERENAY/VERZY TOUR - Premier Cru vineyards, vineyard walk, lunch & award-winning Chateau visits
This one day tour in the Marne AOC District of Champagne takes in:
Learning about the appellation system and about the vineyard
- Exploring the Marne district with a tour guide
- Enjoying lunch in a village restaurant
- Visiting 3 award-winning chateaux with champagne tasting
- Tasting outstanding premier cru wines
CHAMPAGNE WINE TOUR RECOMMENDED VINEYARDS
- Details - A beautiful property with a wonderful collection of antique champagne-making equipment set in a 10 hectare premier cru vineyard of pinot noir and chardonnay grapes owned by our charming host, Thierry Blondel. The attractive cellar is the perfect place to taste champagne made with skill and passion. Champagne Blondel offers guided tours of the caves where you can see the 'methode champenoise' process firsthand. The cellar lists five outstanding champagnes ranging in price from 18€ to 23€
- Comments - Reviewed: Cuvée Prestige. A non-vintage champagne comprising 50% pinot noir and 50% chardonnay from selected parcels of grapes. This outstanding champagne has been expertly vinted producing wines that have been blended to reflect a unique grand finish - a rare champagne to be savoured by the connoisseur!
- Location - Located in the village of Ludes only 15 kilometres from Reims.
- Wines - A range of top quality champagnes ranging in price from 13 to 22 Euros - Champagne Brut, Champagne Brut Sélection, Champagne Blanc de Blancs, Champagne Rosé, Cuvée 1672
- History - The chateau dates from 1672 with a long family connection on the estate.
- Comments - A pleasant chateau with a welcoming tasting room offering their full range of quality champagnes. A highly recommended visit & cave inspection
Champagne Forget-Chauvet8, rue Victor Hugo - BP 26
51500 LUDES-LE COQUET, FRANCE
Tel : 03 26 61 11 73
Fax : 03 26 61 11 95
- Location - Located only 15 kilometers from the historic city of Reims. The château and champagne caves are ideally located for wine tourists
- Wines - Ployez-Jacquemart work their own predominantly pinot noir and pinot meunier vineyards in the premier cru and grand cru villages of Ludes and Mailly Champagne.
- History - Created in 1930 by M. Marcel Ployez and his wife Yvonne Jacquemart, now in the capable hands of the third generation: Gérard and Claude Ployez, who carry on the family tradition on the estate.
- Comments - A beautiful chateau with top quality champagnes made with passion
Madame Laurence Ployez
8, rue Astoin
51500 Ludes, FRANCE
Tel : 03 26 61 11 73
Fax : 03 26 61 11 95
Would you like to discover the Champagne that most wine tourists miss? Explore vineyards and learn about the appellation system, taste exceptional champagnes, visit the magnificent underground caves of a premier cru classé... Champagne Adventures offers a personally guided tour of village champagne houses. This tour is available all year round. Reservation required.
Champagne Adventures means:
- - Deep wine knowledge
- - Local knowledge and contacts
- - Fantastic French food
- - A guide fluent in English & French
- Visit the Contact Us page for more information
CHAMPAGNE one day tour
with Jon Catt
Enjoy a private guided Champagne tour of the treasures of Champagne rarely experienced by tourists - champagne houses, cellars and caves, delightful villages & historical sights.
Individual & group prices available - ASK NOW!
- Operates every day from Monday to Saturday from 1st. February 2013
- Tour the champagne houses on Reims, Epernay and the villages of Southern Champagne
- Friendly champagne producers with impressive cellars & great tastings
- Air-conditioned transport—English speaking guide—winery visits—restaurant lunch—historical highlights