Wine Tours in France - Burgundy
BURGUNDY Wine Tour Options
The Burgundy wine region begins 100 kilometres south from Paris and stretches 360 kilometres down to Lyon. It is a patchwork of tiny vineyards in villages strung along a narrow valley and divided in numerous districts: Chablis, Côte d'Or (divided into Côte de Nuits and Côte de Beaune), Côte Chalonnaise, Mâconnais and Beaujolais.
So let's go and discover more about the grapes and wines of BURGUNDY.
ONE DAY SAMPLE TOURS - we are happy to make suggestions as to vineyards to visit, however on guided tours you make find that the properties used may differ.
A ONE DAY CHABLIS TOUR - Chablis wines, vineyard walking tour, lunch and award-winning vineyard chateau visit
This one day tour in the Chablis District of Burgundy takes in:
- Exploring the Chablis district. Chablis is a small wine region and a number of the Premier Cru and Grand Cru vineyards are within easy walking distance of the village.
- Learning about the Chablis appellation system and about the vineyards
- The village is attractive and has a number of restaurants and cafes plus excellent caves for tastings.
- Tasting award-winning Chablis wines
A ONE DAY CÔTE DE NUITS TOUR
Burgundy wines, vineyard walk, lunch and award-winning Chateau visit
This one day tour in the Côte de Nuits District of Burgundy takes in:
- The prime focus of wine lovers with the world-renowned vineyards with vineyards like Chateau Clos de Vougeot, but if you are looking for outstanding Premier Cru and Grand Cru wines and reasonable prices, then do try some of the smaller producers like Domaine Naudin Jean-Marc.
- Exploring the Côte de Nuits district with tour guide including a famous vineyard walk
CÔTE DE BEAUNE
A ONE DAY CÔTE DE BEAUNE TOUR - Beaune wines, vineyard walk, village lunch and award-winning Chateau visit
This one day tour in the Côte de Beaune District of Burgundy takes in:
- The compact Côte de Beaune region of small wine villages that includes Villages, Premier Cru and Grand Cru appellations.
- The better known are the villages of Pommard, Volnay, Meursault, Puligny-Montrachet and Chassagne-Montrachet.
- Exploring the Beaune district with tour guide & enjoying lunch in a village restaurant
- Visiting 3 award-winning Chateaux with wine tastings
- Tasting Côte de Beaune wines
A ONE DAY CÔTE CHALONNAISE TOUR - Burgundy wines, vineyard walk, lunch and award-winning Chateau visit
This one day tour in the Chalonnaise District of Burgundy takes in:
- A vineyard tour, winery and wine tasting
- Exploring the Chalonnaise district with tour guide
- Enjoying a canal-side restaurant lunch with wines
- Visiting an award-winning Chateau with wine tasting
- Discovering the Canal du Centre along with more wine
A ONE DAY MACONNAIS TOUR - Macon wines, vineyard walk, lunch and award-winning Chateau visit
|This one day tour in the Maconnais District of Burgundy takes in:
Private guided tours for discerning individuals!
Whether you do a one day Best of Burgundy tour, or the 5-days Ultimate Burgundy Experience, or you would like a custom-made tour; you will have my personal attention to all your needs. Contact me now to discover the best Burgundy wine tours and find out how to make your holiday in France unforgettable!
...." Tracy organised and conducted a thoroughly enjoyable private wine tasting tour for our small party. We were particularly impressed with her knowledge, enthusiasm and easy, clear communication skills; as well as the care she took to tailor the visits and tastings to our specific requirements. The day included big hitting villages and domaines, however, we were delighted with an introduction to less well known (and affordable!) wines and growers, as we'd requested. We firmly recommend Tracy & will use again.
A TYPICAL ONE DAY GUIDED TOUR of BURGUNDY
We enjoy a stroll through the vineyards then our first tasting is in an ancient underground wine cellar of a family vineyard where we will taste wines from 1st Cru and Grand Cru appellations. We make a stop for a few tempting pastries - who could resist?
CÔTE de NUITS - Clos de Vougeot
We walk through the famous Clos Vougeot vineyards followed by a private tasting of Clos Vougeot wines at Chateau de la Tour
A special wine tasting is available on request with your lunch
CÔTE de BEAUNE - Meursault, Pommard & Volnay
CÔTE de NUITS - Puligny Montrachet
The villages of Puligny Montrachet and Chassagne-Montrachet beckon so we have a guided visit of a well known winery in Puligny Montrachet followed by our last small winery tasting
So ends a wonderful day in Burgundy!