Wine Tours of
the BORDEAUX region FRANCE
ONE-DAY TOURS OF:
From £65 PER PERSON !!
THREE NIGHTS B&B* + TWO ONE-DAY TOURS
From £220 PER PERSON !!
SEVEN NIGHTS B&B* + FIVE ONE-DAY TOURS
From £530 PER PERSON !!
Available all year round
Choose between luxury chauffeur-driven (from £95 pp) and self-drive tours
All tours include two chateau visits, with tastings and a stop for lunch
Chauffeur-driven tours include pick-up from your hotel / B&B
Guides travel with you from your hotel / B&B on self-drive tours
*B&B in St Estèphe, in the heart of the fabled vineyards, five minutes from Chateau Cos d’Estournel and Chateau Calon Segur, Chateau Phelan Segur is right opposite.
Chateaux Lafite and Mouton Rothschild are ten minutes away. Pool in garden, evening meals available. Accommodation available for groups of up to 8 (double occupancy).
Touring the vineyards and sampling world-famous Bordeaux wines is one of the great pleasures of the region. The Bordeaux wine region is a huge (150 kilometres diameter) doughnut shape with the city of Bordeaux at its centre. To wine taste your way round the wine-producing districts allow at least 4 days, or take a bite at a few selected points.
We would recommend that your minimum selection include St.Emilion in the east, north to Blaye, progressing to the west to the Medoc then south to Sauternes in the Graves district and finally head north to the Entre-Deux-Mers (Rivers) district.
While an established “La Route des Vins” with signage is found throughout the region, it is designed more to allow you to see vineyards rather than taste wine in wineries, and a number of wineries are by appointment only. We would recommend that you took advantage of local knowledge and contacts and book for one or more days guided tour.
A ONE DAY St. EMILION TOUR—St.Emilion wines, village walk, lunch & grand Cru Chateau visit
This one-day tour in the Saint Emilion District of Bordeaux took in:
Learning about the appellation system and about Saint Emilion
Exploring the world heritage site, Saint Emilion village with tour guide
Enjoying lunch in the main square of St. Emilion
Visiting a Premier Grand Cru Chateau
St Emilion Wine Tour Adventure
Would you like to discover the St Emilion that most tourists miss? Climb the King's Tower or the Church Bell Tower for the most awesome views, visit the cloisters, visit the magnificent underground caves of a premier grand cru classé... Caroline Feely offers a St Emilion Wine Tour Adventure for €149.00 per person including lunch on the main square in St Emilion (minimum two people). This tour is available all year round. Reservation required.
"This was the opportunity of a lifetime and truly exceeded my expectations." Sheila Jirka
St Emilion Wine Tour Adventure means:
- Deep wine knowledge
- Local knowledge and contacts
- Fantastic French food
- A guide fluent in English & French
BLAYE WINE TOUR RECOMMENDED VINEYARD
- Location - Located in Plassac in the Blaye wine area on 24 hectares of rolling vineyard country only a short distance from the Gironde estuary.
- Wines - The vineyard has a blend of 60% Merlot, 30% Cabernet Sauvignon and 10% Malbec grapes plus a small parcel of Sauvignon Blanc and Semillon grapes.
- History -The present owners, Jean-Michel & Francoise Baudet, are the fifth generation to make wine on the estate of Chateau Monconseil-Gazin on the estate.
- Comments - A pleasant chateau with a welcoming tasting room offering their full range of quality Bordeaux wines. Highly recommended the Chateau Monconseil-Gazin Blaye A.O.C. Grand Reserve Rouge 2004 - A classy Bordeaux.
Jean-Michel & Francoise Baudet
33390 PLASSAC - France
Tel: 05 57 42 16 63